• Locomotive Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A locomotive engine; a self-propelling wheel carriage, especially one which bears a steam boiler and one or more steam engines which communicate motion to the wheels and thus propel the carriage, -- used to convey goods or passengers, or to draw wagons, railroad cars, etc. See Illustration in Appendix.
- (a.) Used in producing motion; as, the locomotive organs of an animal.
- (a.) Moving from place to place; changing place, or able to change place; as, a locomotive animal.
• Locomotiveness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Locomotivity