• Lug Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A projecting piece to which anything, as a rod, is attached, or against which anything, as a wedge or key, bears, or through which a bolt passes, etc.
- (n.) A rod or pole.
- (v. i.) To move slowly and heavily.
- (n.) The lugworm.
- (n.) The ear, or its lobe.
- (n.) That which projects like an ear, esp. that by which anything is supported, carried, or grasped, or to which a support is fastened; an ear; as, the lugs of a kettle; the lugs of a founders flask; the lug (handle) of a jug.
- (n.) A measure of length, being 16/ feet; a rod, pole, or perch.
- (n.) The act of lugging; as, a hard lug; that which is lugged; as, the pack is a heavy lug.
- (n.) Anything which moves slowly.
- (n.) The leather loop or ear by which a shaft is held up.
- (v. i.) To pull with force; to haul; to drag along; to carry with difficulty, as something heavy or cumbersome.
• Lugsail Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A square sail bent upon a yard that hangs obliquely to the mast and is raised or lowered with the sail.