• Malt Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Barley or other grain, steeped in water and dried in a kiln, thus forcing germination until the saccharine principle has been evolved. It is used in brewing and in the distillation of whisky.
- (v. t.) To make into malt; as, to malt barley.
- (v. i.) To become malt; also, to make grain into malt.
- (a.) Relating to, containing, or made with, malt.
• Malted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Malt
• Maltha Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A variety of bitumen, viscid and tenacious, like pitch, unctuous to the touch, and exhaling a bituminous odor.
- (n.) Mortar.