• Marl Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mixed earthy substance, consisting of carbonate of lime, clay, and sand, in very varivble proportions, and accordingly designated as calcareous, clayey, or sandy. See Greensand.
- (v. t.) To cover, as part of a rope, with marline, marking a pecular hitch at each turn to prevent unwinding.
- (n.) To overspread or manure with marl; as, to marl a field.
• Marling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Marl
• Marlstone Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sandy calcareous straum, containing, or impregnated with, iron, and lying between the upper and lower Lias of England.