• Mist Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cloud; to cover with mist; to dim.
- (v. i.) To rain in very fine drops; as, it mists.
- (n.) Visible watery vapor suspended in the atmosphere, at or near the surface of the earth; fog.
- (n.) Coarse, watery vapor, floating or falling in visible particles, approaching the form of rain; as, Scotch mist.
- (n.) Hence, anything which dims or darkens, and obscures or intercepts vision.
• Mistakable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Liable to be mistaken; capable of being misconceived.