• Mocking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Mock
- (a.) Imitating, esp. in derision, or so as to cause derision; mimicking; derisive.
• Mock Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To imitate; to mimic; esp., to mimic in sport, contempt, or derision; to deride by mimicry.
- (a.) Imitating reality, but not real; false; counterfeit; assumed; sham.
- (n.) Imitation; mimicry.
- (v. t.) To disappoint the hopes of; to deceive; to tantalize; as, to mock expectation.
- (n.) An act of ridicule or derision; a scornful or contemptuous act or speech; a sneer; a jibe; a jeer.
- (v. i.) To make sport contempt or in jest; to speak in a scornful or jeering manner.
- (v. t.) To treat with scorn or contempt; to deride.
• Mockingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By way of derision; in a contemptuous or mocking manner.
• Mockingstock Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A butt of sport; an object of derision.