• Oblate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Flattened or depressed at the poles; as, the earth is an oblate spheroid.
- (a.) One of an association of priests or religious women who have offered themselves to the service of the church. There are three such associations of priests, and one of women, called oblates.
- (a.) One of the Oblati.
- (a.) Offered up; devoted; consecrated; dedicated; -- used chiefly or only in the titles of Roman Catholic orders. See Oblate, n.
• Oblateness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being oblate.