• Orator Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A public speaker; one who delivers an oration; especially, one distinguished for his skill and power as a public speaker; one who is eloquent.
- (n.) An officer who is the voice of the university upon all public occasions, who writes, reads, and records all letters of a public nature, presents, with an appropriate address, those persons on whom honorary degrees are to be conferred, and performs other like duties; -- called also public orator.
- (n.) In equity proceedings, one who prays for relief; a petitioner.
- (n.) A plaintiff, or complainant, in a bill in chancery.
• Oratorial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Oratorical.