• Overrule Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To rule over; to govern or determine by superior authority.
- (v. i.) To be superior or supreme in rulling or controlling; as, God rules and overrules.
- (v. t.) To supersede, reject, annul, or rule against; as, the plea, or the decision, was overruled by the court.
- (v. t.) To rule or determine in a contrary way; to decide against; to abrogate or alter; as, God overrules the purposes of men; the chairman overruled the point of order.
• Overruler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, controls, governs, or determines.
• Overruled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Overrule