• Pallet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the series of disks or pistons in the chain pump.
- (n.) A cup containing three ounces, -- /ormerly used by surgeons.
- (n.) A board on which a newly molded brick is conveyed to the hack.
- (n.) One of the pieces or levers connected with the pendulum of a clock, or the balance of a watch, which receive the immediate impulse of the scape-wheel, or balance wheel.
- (n.) A click or pawl for driving a ratchet wheel.
- (n.) A wooden implement used by potters, crucible makers, etc., for forming, beating, and rounding their works. It is oval, round, and of other forms.
- (n.) In the organ, a valve between the wind chest and the mouth of a pipe or row of pipes.
- (n.) A small and mean bed; a bed of straw.
- (n.) Same as Palette.
- (n.) A potters wheel.
- (n.) One of a pair of shelly plates that protect the siphon tubes of certain bivalves, as the Teredo. See Illust. of Teredo.
- (n.) An instrument used to take up gold leaf from the pillow, and to apply it.
- (n.) A tool for gilding the backs of books over the bands.