• Parading Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Parade
• Parade Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make an exhibition or spectacle of ones self, as by walking in a public place.
- (v. t.) To exhibit in a showy or ostentatious manner; to show off.
- (v. t.) Pompous show; formal display or exhibition.
- (v. t.) Posture of defense; guard.
- (v. t.) That which is displayed; a show; a spectacle; an imposing procession; the movement of any body marshaled in military order; as, a parade of firemen.
- (v. i.) To assemble in military order for evolutions and inspection; to form or march, as in review.
- (v. t.) To assemble and form; to marshal; to cause to maneuver or march ceremoniously; as, to parade troops.
- (v. t.) A public walk; a promenade.
- (v. t.) An assembly and orderly arrangement or display of troops, in full equipments, for inspection or evolutions before some superior officer; a review of troops. Parades are general, regimental, or private (troop, battery, or company), according to the force assembled.
- (v. t.) The ground where a military display is held, or where troops are drilled.