• Patience Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Constancy in labor or application; perseverance.
- (n.) The act or power of calmly or contentedly waiting for something due or hoped for; forbearance.
- (n.) The state or quality of being patient; the power of suffering with fortitude; uncomplaining endurance of evils or wrongs, as toil, pain, poverty, insult, oppression, calamity, etc.
- (n.) Sufferance; permission.
- (n.) A kind of dock (Rumex Patientia), less common in America than in Europe; monks rhubarb.
- (n.) Solitaire.