• Patterning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pattern
• Pattern Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A diagram showing the distribution of the pellets of a shotgun on a vertical target perpendicular to the plane of fire.
- (n.) Figure or style of decoration; design; as, wall paper of a beautiful pattern.
- (n.) Anything cut or formed to serve as a guide to cutting or forming objects; as, a dressmakers pattern.
- (v. t.) To serve as an example for; also, to parallel.
- (n.) Stuff sufficient for a garment; as, a dress pattern.
- (n.) A full-sized model around which a mold of sand is made, to receive the melted metal. It is usually made of wood and in several parts, so as to be removed from the mold without injuring it.
- (n.) A part showing the figure or quality of the whole; a specimen; a sample; an example; an instance.
- (v. t.) To make or design (anything) by, from, or after, something that serves as a pattern; to copy; to model; to imitate.
- (n.) Anything proposed for imitation; an archetype; an exemplar; that which is to be, or is worthy to be, copied or imitated; as, a pattern of a machine.
- (n.) Something made after a model; a copy.