• Paving Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pavement.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pave
- (n.) The act or process of laying a pavement, or covering some place with a pavement.
• Pave Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The pavement.
- (v. t.) To lay or cover with stone, brick, or other material, so as to make a firm, level, or convenient surface for horses, carriages, or persons on foot, to travel on; to floor with brick, stone, or other solid material; as, to pave a street; to pave a court.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To make smooth, easy, and safe; to prepare, as a path or way; as, to pave the way to promotion; to pave the way for an enterprise.