• Perspective Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) The art and the science of so delineating objects that they shall seem to grow smaller as they recede from the eye; -- called also linear perspective.
- (n.) Of or pertaining to the science of vision; optical.
- (a.) A drawing in linear perspective.
- (a.) A glass through which objects are viewed.
- (a.) That which is seen through an opening; a view; a vista.
- (n.) Pertaining to the art, or in accordance with the laws, of perspective.
- (a.) The effect of distance upon the appearance of objects, by means of which the eye recognized them as being at a more or less measurable distance. Hence, aerial perspective, the assumed greater vagueness or uncertainty of outline in distant objects.
• Perspectively Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Optically; as through a glass.
- (adv.) According to the rules of perspective.