• Point-blank Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The white spot on a target, at which an arrow or other missile is aimed.
- (a.) Hence, direct; plain; unqualified; -- said of language; as, a point-blank assertion.
- (n.) With artillery, the point where the projectile first strikes the horizontal plane on which the gun stands, the axis of the piece being horizontal.
- (adv.) In a point-blank manner.
- (a.) Directed in a line toward the object aimed at; aimed directly toward the mark.
- (n.) With all small arms, the second point in which the natural line of sight, when horizontal, cuts the trajectory.