• Polaris Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The polestar. See North star, under North.
• Polariscopy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art or rocess of making observations with the polariscope.
• Polariscopic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the polariscope; obtained by the use of a polariscope; as, polariscopic observations.
• Polariscope Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument consisting essentially of a polarizer and an analyzer, used for polarizing light, and analyzing its properties.