• Politic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A politician.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to polity, or civil government; political; as, the body politic. See under Body.
- (a.) Sagacious in promoting a policy; ingenious in devising and advancing a system of management; devoted to a scheme or system rather than to a principle; hence, in a good sense, wise; prudent; sagacious; and in a bad sense, artful; unscrupulous; cunning; -- said of persons.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or promoting, a policy, especially a national policy; well-devised; adapted to its end, whether right or wrong; -- said of things; as, a politic treaty.
• Political Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Politic; wise; also, artful.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to public policy, or to politics; relating to affairs of state or administration; as, a political writer.
- (a.) Having, or conforming to, a settled system of administration.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a party, or to parties, in the state; as, his political relations were with the Whigs.