• Powder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The fine particles to which any dry substance is reduced by pounding, grinding, or triturating, or into which it falls by decay; dust.
- (v. t.) To reduce to fine particles; to pound, grind, or rub into a powder; to comminute; to pulverize; to triturate.
- (v. i.) To be reduced to powder; to become like powder; as, some salts powder easily.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle with salt; to corn, as meat.
- (v. i.) To use powder on the hair or skin; as, she paints and powders.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle with powder, or as with powder; to be sprinkle; as, to powder the hair.
- (n.) An explosive mixture used in gunnery, blasting, etc.; gunpowder. See Gunpowder.
• Powder-posted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Affected with dry rot; reduced to dust by rot. See Dry rot, under Dry.