• Prod Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pointed instrument for pricking or puncturing, as a goad, an awl, a skewer, etc.
- (v. t.) To thrust some pointed instrument into; to prick with something sharp; as, to prod a soldier with a bayonet; to prod oxen; hence, to goad, to incite, to worry; as, to prod a student.
- (n.) A prick or stab which a pointed instrument.
- (n.) A light kind of crossbow; -- in the sense, often spelled prodd.
• Pro Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) A Latin preposition signifying for, before, forth.
- (adv.) For, on, or in behalf of, the affirmative side; -- in contrast with con.
• Prodd Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A crossbow. See Prod, 3.