• Propagate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To have young or issue; to be produced or multiplied by generation, or by new shoots or plants; as, rabbits propagate rapidly.
- (v. t.) To spread from person to person; to extend the knowledge of; to originate and spread; to carry from place to place; to disseminate; as, to propagate a story or report; to propagate the Christian religion.
- (v. t.) To generate; to produce.
- (v. t.) To multiply; to increase.
- (v. t.) To cause to continue or multiply by generation, or successive production; -- applied to animals and plants; as, to propagate a breed of horses or sheep; to propagate a species of fruit tree.
- (v. t.) To cause to spread to extend; to impel or continue forward in space; as, to propagate sound or light.
• Propagated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Propagate