• Proposition Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A statement in terms of a truth to be demonstrated, or of an operation to be performed.
- (n.) A statement of religious doctrine; an article of faith; creed; as, the propositions of Wyclif and Huss.
- (n.) That which is proposed; that which is offered, as for consideration, acceptance, or adoption; a proposal; as, the enemy made propositions of peace; his proposition was not accepted.
- (n.) A complete sentence, or part of a sentence consisting of a subject and predicate united by a copula; a thought expressed or propounded in language; a from of speech in which a predicate is affirmed or denied of a subject; as, snow is white.
- (n.) That which is offered or affirmed as the subject of the discourse; anything stated or affirmed for discussion or illustration.
- (n.) The part of a poem in which the author states the subject or matter of it.
- (n.) The act of setting or placing before; the act of offering.
• Propositional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or in the nature of, a proposition; considered as a proposition; as, a propositional sense.