• Reign Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Royal authority; supreme power; sovereignty; rule; dominion.
- (n.) To have superior or uncontrolled dominion; to rule.
- (n.) The time during which a king, queen, or emperor possesses the supreme authority; as, it happened in the reign of Elizabeth.
- (n.) The territory or sphere which is reigned over; kingdom; empire; realm; dominion.
- (n.) Hence, to be predominant; to prevail.
- (n.) To possess or exercise sovereign power or authority; to exercise government, as a king or emperor;; to hold supreme power; to rule.
• Reigner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who reigns.