• Relaxed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Relax
• Relax Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Relaxation.
- (n.) To make lax or loose; to make less close, firm, rigid, tense, or the like; to slacken; to loosen; to open; as, to relax a rope or cord; to relax the muscles or sinews.
- (v. i.) To remit attention or effort; to become less diligent; to unbend; as, to relax in study.
- (n.) To relieve from constipation; to loosen; to open; as, an aperient relaxes the bowels.
- (a.) Relaxed; lax; hence, remiss; careless.
- (v. i.) To abate in severity; to become less rigorous.
- (n.) To make less severe or rigorous; to abate the stringency of; to remit in respect to strenuousness, earnestness, or effort; as, to relax discipline; to relax ones attention or endeavors.
- (v. i.) To become lax, weak, or loose; as, to let ones grasp relax.
- (n.) Hence, to relieve from attention or effort; to ease; to recreate; to divert; as, amusement relaxes the mind.