• Restitution Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) The movement of rotetion which usually occurs in childbirth after the head has been delivered, and which causes the latter to point towards the side to which it was directed at the beginning of labor.
- (v.) The act of returning to, or recovering, a former state; as, the restitution of an elastic body.
- (v.) That which is offered or given in return for what has been lost, injured, or destroved; compensation.
- (v.) The act of restoring anything to its rightful owner, or of making good, or of giving an equivalent for any loss, damage, or injury; indemnification.