• Review Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A lesson studied or recited for a second time.
- (n.) To make a formal or official examination of the state of, as troops, and the like; as, to review a regiment.
- (n.) To reconsider; to revise, as a manuscript before printing it, or a book for a new edition.
- (n.) To go over with critical examination, in order to discover exellences or defects; hence, to write a critical notice of; as, to review a new novel.
- (n.) An examination with a view to amendment or improvement; revision; as, an authors review of his works.
- (n.) To go over and examine critically or deliberately.
- (n.) To view or see again; to look back on.
- (n.) A second or repeated view; a reexamination; a retrospective survey; a looking over again; as, a review of ones studies; a review of life.
- (n.) An inspection, as of troops under arms or of a naval force, by a high officer, for the purpose of ascertaining the state of discipline, equipments, etc.
- (n.) A periodical containing critical essays upon matters of interest, as new productions in literature, art, etc.
- (v. i.) To look back; to make a review.
- (n.) To retrace; to go over again.
- (n.) A critical examination of a publication, with remarks; a criticism; a critique.
- (n.) To reexamine judically; as, a higher court may review the proceedings and judgments of a lower one.
- (n.) The judicial examination of the proceedings of a lower court by a higher.
• Reviewer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who reviews or reexamines; an inspector; one who examines publications critically, and publishes his opinion upon their merits; a professional critic of books.