• Revival Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of reviving, or the state of being revived.
- (n.) Revivification, as of a metal. See Revivification, 2.
- (n.) Renewed attention to something, as to letters or literature.
- (n.) Renewed performance of, or interest in, something, as the drama and literature.
- (n.) Renewed prevalence of something, as a practice or a fashion.
- (n.) Restoration of force, validity, or effect; renewal; as, the revival of a debt barred by limitation; the revival of a revoked will, etc.
- (n.) Renewed pursuit, or cultivation, or flourishing state of something, as of commerce, arts, agriculture.
- (n.) Reanimation from a state of langour or depression; -- applied to the health, spirits, and the like.
- (n.) Renewed interest in religion, after indifference and decline; a period of religious awakening; special religious interest.
• Revivalist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A clergyman or layman who promotes revivals of religion; an advocate for religious revivals; sometimes, specifically, a clergyman, without a particular charge, who goes about to promote revivals. Also used adjectively.