• Rigid Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Firm; stiff; unyielding; not pliant; not flexible.
- (a.) Hence, not lax or indulgent; severe; inflexible; strict; as, a rigid father or master; rigid discipline; rigid criticism; a rigid sentence.
• Rigidity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being rigid; want of pliability; the quality of resisting change of form; the amount of resistance with which a body opposes change of form; -- opposed to flexibility, ductility, malleability, and softness.
- (n.) Stiffness of appearance or manner; want of ease or elegance.
- (n.) Severity; rigor.
• Rigidly Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) In a rigid manner; stiffly.