• Romant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A romaunt.
• Romantic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to romance; involving or resembling romance; hence, fanciful; marvelous; extravagant; unreal; as, a romantic tale; a romantic notion; a romantic undertaking.
- (a.) Entertaining ideas and expectations suited to a romance; as, a romantic person; a romantic mind.
- (a.) Characterized by strangeness or variety; suggestive of adventure; suited to romance; wild; picturesque; -- applied to scenery; as, a romantic landscape.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the style of the Christian and popular literature of the Middle Ages, as opposed to the classical antique; of the nature of, or appropriate to, that style; as, the romantic school of poets.