• Saint Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person sanctified; a holy or godly person; one eminent for piety and virtue; any true Christian, as being redeemed and consecrated to God.
- (n.) One canonized by the church.
- (v. t.) To make a saint of; to enroll among the saints by an offical act, as of the pope; to canonize; to give the title or reputation of a saint to (some one).
- (v. i.) To act or live as a saint.
- (n.) One of the blessed in heaven.
• Saint-Simonism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A system of socialism in which the state owns all the property and the laborer is entitled to share according to the quality and amount of his work, founded by Saint Simon (1760-1825).
• Saintly Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Like a saint; becoming a holy person.