• Sanctify Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make efficient as the means of holiness; to render productive of holiness or piety.
- (v. t.) To make sacred or holy; to set apart to a holy or religious use; to consecrate by appropriate rites; to hallow.
- (v. t.) To impart or impute sacredness, venerableness, inviolability, title to reverence and respect, or the like, to; to secure from violation; to give sanction to.
- (v. t.) To make free from sin; to cleanse from moral corruption and pollution; to purify.
• Sanctifying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sanctify