• Scrupled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scruple
• Scruple Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be reluctant or to hesitate, as regards an action, on account of considerations of conscience or expedience.
- (n.) Hence, a very small quantity; a particle.
- (n.) A weight of twenty grains; the third part of a dram.
- (v. t.) To regard with suspicion; to hesitate at; to question.
- (n.) Hesitation as to action from the difficulty of determining what is right or expedient; unwillingness, doubt, or hesitation proceeding from motives of conscience.
- (v. t.) To excite scruples in; to cause to scruple.