• Seize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To fasten; to fix.
- (v. t.) To take possession of by force.
- (v. t.) To invade suddenly; to take sudden hold of; to come upon suddenly; as, a fever seizes a patient.
- (v. t.) To bind or fasten together with a lashing of small stuff, as yarn or marline; as, to seize ropes.
- (v. t.) To grap with the mind; to comprehend fully and distinctly; as, to seize an idea.
- (v. t.) To fall or rush upon suddenly and lay hold of; to gripe or grasp suddenly; to reach and grasp.
- (v. t.) To take possession of by virtue of a warrant or other legal authority; as, the sheriff seized the debtors goods.
• Seized Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Seize