• Shipwreck Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Fig.: Destruction; ruin; irretrievable loss.
- (v. t.) To cause to experience shipwreck, as sailors or passengers. Hence, to cause to suffer some disaster or loss; to destroy or ruin, as if by shipwreck; to wreck; as, to shipwreck a business.
- (v. t.) To destroy, as a ship at sea, by running ashore or on rocks or sandbanks, or by the force of wind and waves in a tempest.
- (n.) The breaking in pieces, or shattering, of a ship or other vessel by being cast ashore or driven against rocks, shoals, etc., by the violence of the winds and waves.
- (n.) A ship wrecked or destroyed upon the water, or the parts of such a ship; wreckage.
• Shipwrecked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Shipwreck