• Skin Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become covered with skin; as, a wound skins over.
- (n.) A vessel made of skin, used for holding liquids. See Bottle, 1.
- (v. i.) To produce, in recitation, examination, etc., the work of another for ones own, or to use in such exercise cribs, memeoranda, etc., which are prohibited.
- (n.) The bark or husk of a plant or fruit; the exterior coat of fruits and plants.
- (n.) The hide of an animal, separated from the body, whether green, dry, or tanned; especially, that of a small animal, as a calf, sheep, or goat.
- (v. t.) To strip of money or property; to cheat.
- (n.) The covering, as of planking or iron plates, outside the framing, forming the sides and bottom of a vessel; the shell; also, a lining inside the framing.
- (v. t.) To cover with skin, or as with skin; hence, to cover superficially.
- (n.) The external membranous integument of an animal.
- (n.) That part of a sail, when furled, which remains on the outside and covers the whole.
- (v. t.) To strip off the skin or hide of; to flay; to peel; as, to skin an animal.
• Skin-deep Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not deeper than the skin; hence, superficial.