• Snag Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut the snags or branches from, as the stem of a tree; to hew roughly.
- (n.) A stump or base of a branch that has been lopped off; a short branch, or a sharp or rough branch; a knot; a protuberance.
- (v. t.) To injure or destroy, as a steamboat or other vessel, by a snag, or projecting part of a sunken tree.
- (n.) A tooth projecting beyond the rest; contemptuously, a broken or decayed tooth.
- (n.) A tree, or a branch of a tree, fixed in the bottom of a river or other navigable water, and rising nearly or quite to the surface, by which boats are sometimes pierced and sunk.
- (n.) One of the secondary branches of an antler.
• Snaggy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Full of snags; full of short, rough branches or sharp points; abounding with knots.
- (a.) Snappish; cross; ill-tempered.