• Sneered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sneer
• Sneer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A smile, grin, or contortion of the face, indicative of contempt; an indirect expression or insinuation of contempt.
- (v. t.) To treat with sneers; to affect or move by sneers.
- (v. t.) To utter with a grimace or contemptuous expression; to utter with a sneer; to say sneeringly; as, to sneer fulsome lies at a person.
- (v. i.) To show mirth awkwardly.
- (v. i.) To show contempt by turning up the nose, or by a particular facial expression.
- (n.) The act of sneering.
- (v. i.) To inssinuate contempt by a covert expression; to speak derisively.