• Sock Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To hurl, drive, or strike violently; -- often with it as an object.
- (n.) The shoe worn by actors of comedy in ancient Greece and Rome, -- used as a symbol of comedy, or of the comic drama, as distinguished from tragedy, which is symbolized by the buskin.
- (n.) A knit or woven covering for the foot and lower leg; a stocking with a short leg.
- (n.) A plowshare.
- (n.) A warm inner sole for a shoe.
• Sockless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Destitute of socks or shoes.