• Starve Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To kill with hunger; as, maliciously to starve a man is, in law, murder.
- (v. t.) To deprive of force or vigor; to disable.
- (v. i.) To die; to perish.
- (v. t.) To destroy by want of any kind; as, to starve plans by depriving them of proper light and air.
- (v. i.) To perish or die with cold.
- (v. t.) To distress or subdue by famine; as, to starvea garrison into a surrender.
- (v. i.) To perish with hunger; to suffer extreme hunger or want; to be very indigent.
- (v. t.) To destroy with cold.
• Starveling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, pines from lack or food, or nutriment.
- (a.) Hungry; lean; pining with want.