Stem Meaning in Urdu
Stem meaning in English to Urdu is تنا (Tana). Stem synonym words are included Base, Bow, Fore, Halt, Prow, Radical, Root, Shank, Stalk, Stanch, Staunch, Theme. Similar words of Stem are also commonly used in daily talk like as Stem, Stemming, and Stems.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
|STEM ||Science, Technology, Engineering, Math |
Stem Definition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Anything resembling a stem or stalk; as, the stem of a tobacco pipe; the stem of a watch case, or that part to which the ring, by which it is suspended, is attached.
- (n.) A curved piece of timber to which the two sides of a ship are united at the fore end. The lower end of it is scarfed to the keel, and the bowsprit rests upon its upper end. Hence, the forward part of a vessel; the bow.
- (n.) The stock of a family; a race or generation of progenitors.
- (n.) A branch of a family.
- (n.) Alt. of Steem
- (n.) That part of a plant which bears leaves, or rudiments of leaves, whether rising above ground or wholly subterranean.
- (n.) The entire central axis of a feather.
- (n.) A little branch which connects a fruit, flower, or leaf with a main branch; a peduncle, pedicel, or petiole; as, the stem of an apple or a cherry.
- (v. i.) To move forward against an obstacle, as a vessel against a current.
- (v. i.) Alt. of Steem
- (n.) The short perpendicular line added to the body of a note; the tail of a crotchet, quaver, semiquaver, etc.
- (n.) The part of an inflected word which remains unchanged (except by euphonic variations) throughout a given inflection; theme; base.
- (n.) Fig.: An advanced or leading position; the lookout.
- (n.) The basal portion of the body of one of the Pennatulacea, or of a gorgonian.
- (n.) The principal body of a tree, shrub, or plant, of any kind; the main stock; the part which supports the branches or the head or top.
- (v. t.) To ram, as clay, into a blasting hole.
- (v. t.) To remove the stem or stems from; as, to stem cherries; to remove the stem and its appendages (ribs and veins) from; as, to stem tobacco leaves.
- (v. t.) To oppose or cut with, or as with, the stem of a vessel; to resist, or make progress against; to stop or check the flow of, as a current.
Stem Urdu Meaning with Definition
Stem is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Stem meaning in Urdu is a تنا - Tana. Stem word is driven by the English language. Stem word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Stem meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Stem stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Stem word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Stem, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Stem Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary