• Strap Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A band, plate, or loop of metal for clasping and holding timbers or parts of a machine.
- (n.) A piece of rope or metal passing around a block and used for fastening it to anything.
- (n.) A piece of leather, or strip of wood covered with a suitable material, for sharpening a razor; a strop.
- (v. t.) To beat or chastise with a strap.
- (n.) Something made of such a strip, or of a part of one, or a combination of two or more for a particular use; as, a boot strap, shawl strap, stirrup strap.
- (n.) A shoulder strap. See under Shoulder.
- (n.) A narrow strip of anything, as of iron or brass.
- (v. t.) To fasten or bind with a strap.
- (n.) A long, narrow, pliable strip of leather, cloth, or the like; specifically, a strip of thick leather used in flogging.
- (n.) The flat part of the corolla in ligulate florets, as those of the white circle in the daisy.
- (v. t.) To sharpen by rubbing on a strap, or strop; as, to strap a razor.
- (n.) The leaf, exclusive of its sheath, in some grasses.
• Strapple Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To hold or bind with, or as with, a strap; to entangle.
• Strapped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Strap