• Stum Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Wine revived by new fermentation, reulting from the admixture of must.
- (v. t.) To renew, as wine, by mixing must with it and raising a new fermentation.
- (n.) Unfermented grape juice or wine, often used to raise fermentation in dead or vapid wines; must.
• Stumble Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To trip in walking or in moving in any way with the legs; to strike the foot so as to fall, or to endanger a fall; to stagger because of a false step.
- (n.) A trip in walking or running.
- (n.) A blunder; a failure; a fall from rectitude.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To mislead; to confound; to perplex; to cause to err or to fall.
- (v. i.) To strike or happen (upon a person or thing) without design; to fall or light by chance; -- with on, upon, or against.
- (v. t.) To cause to stumble or trip.
- (v. i.) To walk in an unsteady or clumsy manner.
- (v. i.) To fall into a crime or an error; to err.