• Sympathetic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Produced by, or expressive of, sympathy.
- (a.) Inclined to sympathy; sympathizing.
- (a.) Produced by sympathy; -- applied particularly to symptoms or affections. See Sympathy.
- (a.) Of or relating to the sympathetic nervous system or some of its branches; produced by stimulation on the sympathetic nervious system or some part of it; as, the sympathetic saliva, a modified form of saliva, produced from some of the salivary glands by stimulation of a sympathetic nerve fiber.
• Sympathetically Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a sympathetic manner.