Southed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SouthedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of South
• SouthDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) Toward the south; southward.
- (v. i.) To come to the meridian; to cross the north and south line; -- said chiefly of the moon; as, the moon souths at nine.
- (adv.) From the south; as, the wind blows south.
- (a.) Lying toward the south; situated at the south, or in a southern direction from the point of observation or reckoning; proceeding toward the south, or coming from the south; blowing from the south; southern; as, the south pole.
- (n.) Specifically: That part of the United States which is south of Mason and Dixons line. See under Line.
- (n.) That one of the four cardinal points directly opposite to the north; the region or direction to the right or direction to the right of a person who faces the east.
- (n.) A country, region, or place situated farther to the south than another; the southern section of a country.
- (v. i.) To turn or move toward the south; to veer toward the south.
- (n.) The wind from the south.