• Tackle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To seize; to lay hold of; to grapple; as, a wrestler tackles his antagonist; a dog tackles the game.
- (n.) To begin to deal with; as, to tackle the problem.
- (n.) The rigging and apparatus of a ship; also, any purchase where more than one block is used.
- (n.) To supply with tackle.
- (n.) Any instruments of action; an apparatus by which an object is moved or operated; gear; as, fishing tackle, hunting tackle; formerly, specifically, weapons.
- (n.) Apparatus for raising or lowering heavy weights, consisting of a rope and pulley blocks; sometimes, the rope and attachments, as distinct from the block.
- (n.) To fasten or attach, as with a tackle; to harness; as, to tackle a horse into a coach or wagon.
• Tackled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tackle
- (a.) Made of ropes tacked together.