• Thrusting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The white whey, or that which is last pressed out of the curd by the hand, and of which butter is sometimes made.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Thrust
- (n.) The act of squeezing curd with the hand, to expel the whey.
- (n.) The act of pushing with force.
• Thrust Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To stab; to pierce; -- usually with through.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Thrust
- (n.) The force or pressure of one part of a construction against other parts; especially (Arch.), a horizontal or diagonal outward pressure, as of an arch against its abutments, or of rafters against the wall which support them.
- (v. i.) To make a push; to attack with a pointed weapon; as, a fencer thrusts at his antagonist.
- (v. i.) To enter by pushing; to squeeze in.
- (n.) A violent push or driving, as with a pointed weapon moved in the direction of its length, or with the hand or foot, or with any instrument; a stab; -- a word much used as a term of fencing.
- (v. t.) To push or drive with force; to drive, force, or impel; to shove; as, to thrust anything with the hand or foot, or with an instrument.
- (v. i.) To push forward; to come with force; to press on; to intrude.
- (n.) An attack; an assault.
- (n.) The breaking down of the roof of a gallery under its superincumbent weight.
- (n. & v.) Thrist.