• Tippling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tipple
• Tipple Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An apparatus by which loaded cars are emptied by tipping; also, the place where such tipping is done.
- (n.) Liquor taken in tippling; drink.
- (v. t.) To put up in bundles in order to dry, as hay.
- (v. i.) To drink spirituous or strong liquors habitually; to indulge in the frequent and improper used of spirituous liquors; especially, to drink frequently in small quantities, but without absolute drunkeness.
- (v. t.) To drink, as strong liquors, frequently or in excess.
• Tippling-house Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A house in which liquors are sold in drams or small quantities, to be drunk on the premises.