• Tradition Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An unwritten code of law represented to have been given by God to Moses on Sinai.
- (n.) The act of delivering into the hands of another; delivery.
- (v. t.) To transmit by way of tradition; to hand down.
- (n.) Hence, that which is transmitted orally from father to son, or from ancestors to posterity; knowledge or belief transmitted without the aid of written memorials; custom or practice long observed.
- (n.) That body of doctrine and discipline, or any article thereof, supposed to have been put forth by Christ or his apostles, and not committed to writing.
- (n.) The unwritten or oral delivery of information, opinions, doctrines, practices, rites, and customs, from father to son, or from ancestors to posterity; the transmission of any knowledge, opinions, or practice, from forefathers to descendants by oral communication, without written memorials.
• Traditionaries Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Traditionary
• Traditionary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Traditional.
- (n.) One, among the Jews, who acknowledges the authority of traditions, and explains the Scriptures by them.