• Translated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Translate
• Translate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To remove, as a bishop, from one see to another.
- (v. t.) To cause to lose senses or recollection; to entrance.
- (v. t.) To remove to heaven without a natural death.
- (v. t.) To bear, carry, or remove, from one place to another; to transfer; as, to translate a tree.
- (v. t.) To render into another language; to express the sense of in the words of another language; to interpret; hence, to explain or recapitulate in other words.
- (v. t.) To change into another form; to transform.
- (v. t.) To cause to remove from one part of the body to another; as, to translate a disease.
- (v. i.) To make a translation; to be engaged in translation.
- (v. t.) To change to another condition, position, place, or office; to transfer; hence, to remove as by death.