• Trimming Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Trim
- (n.) The act of reprimanding or chastisting; as, to give a boy a trimming.
- () a. from Trim, v.
- (n.) The act of one who trims.
- (n.) That which serves to trim, make right or fitting, adjust, ornament, or the like; especially, the necessary or the ornamental appendages, as of a garment; hence, sometimes, the concomitants of a dish; a relish; -- usually in the pluraltrimmings. --.
• Trimmingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a trimming manner.